Attention: Calling P85D owners world-wide

This area can be used by English speaking users...

Re: Attention: Calling P85D owners world-wide

von Measureman » 15. Aug 2015, 10:19

Measureman hat geschrieben:I am not sure, if Tesla was mentioning 691 Hp as the total wheel power.

I believe to remember, that Tesla was mentioning the power of the front and rear motor separately on the order page, as it is done today.

Does someone has a screenshot of the old order page to check that ?

Once again:
Because Tesla is actual not mentioning any total power on their order page but only single power of each drive, again I ask, if it was different some month ago ? There must be a screenshot from the time, when they told different or did they never show a total power of 691hp but only single maximum motor power ? If so, they never did promis 691hp ??
85D seit 28.03.15 und immer noch begeistert

Land: Deutschland

von Oliver P » 15. Aug 2015, 10:53

Schau Dir mal die Leistungskurve eines beliebigen Verbrenners an, da liegt die Maximalleistung auch nur in einem sehr engen Drehzahlbereich an, der im alltäglichen Gebrauch kaum zu nutzen ist. Die Beschleunigungswerte sind nur mit fast leerem Tank ohne weitere Zuladung von einem erfahrenen Fahrer bei warmem Motor zu erreichen. Auch das sind nicht die alltäglichen Nutzungsbedingungen.

Das ist aber nicht nur bei Autos so. Wenn mich jemand so mit 14 gefragt hat, was ich auf 1000m laufe, habe ich auch 2:30 gesagt, obwohl ich das nur im Training oder bei Wettkämpfen gelaufen bin, nicht im Alltag. Gesprungen bin ich damals auch 5,irgendwas, aber ebenfalls nicht im Alltag.

Was soll also die ganze Aufregung?

Gruß Mathie

Ich rege mich ja garn nicht auf....ich liebe meinen Tesla. Aber ich kann es nachvollziehen, das manche Leute sich etwas wundern. Tzb musste ja auch erst intensiv testen und bekam dann entscheidende Infos von Tesla bevor bis er 3,4 sec auf 100 nachstellen konnte.

Ich bin selber Hersteller und wir geben z.B. nie bestmöglichen Werte unter Idealbedingungen an. Denn dann wird man auch schnell angreifbar, wenn man die theoretischen Höchstwerte nicht immer 100% erreicht. Aber sowas ist immer Ermessenssache eines Unternehmens. Genauso ist es Ermessenssache, wie ich was mit meinen Kunden kommuniziere. Vielleicht sollte Tesla hier etwas nachlegen, damit unnötige "Unstimmigkeiten" gleich im Keim erstickt werden.

Ich denke aber auch, das man sich hier nicht reinsteigern sollte....

Gruß
Oliver
04/2015 P85D verkauft 01/17
01/2017 S90D

von hookmaker » 15. Aug 2015, 13:26

Don't get me wrong I love my P85D and i love Tesla Motors for what they have achieved. I have so far spent 240.000 USD in support in purchasing two of their fantastic automobiles. But I am not going to sell out on my principles in support of false or squeaky marketing stunts to speed up a fast market penetration no matter what the greater cause. Again, I don't care about HP boasting - you can never measure or agree on it anyway, but I will grip to the neck of it when you try and market a product as being comparable or even surpassing another product, on specs that are easily measurable. Tesla Motors have done exactly that. They have sold the P85D as exactly matching an iconic product (the MacLaren F1) in 0-60 mph accelleration time and this is as I see it simply un-true. And they are off by far (by standards of the racing community).

Had Tesla Motors advertized the P85D with the same specs but without the boasting comparison to a high and mighty benchmark (shot in the foot IMHO), there would have been no case. Would I still have bought the P85D?, Yes probably. Would I have been able to live with the actual 3.7 something as compared to 3.3 after suddenly remembering the 1 foot roll out thing US vs. Europe?, Sure (after some swearing and cursing probably).

You guys in Germany are more used to the opportunity to buy/own really fast cars, we are not in Denmark due to the taxes, but surely you can understand the point here.

von erebos » 15. Aug 2015, 13:57

this discussion is stupid. Every car seller shows the best numbers he can get out. Just look at the petrol consuption that ICE car sellers provide. Everybody knows
that this is unrealistic.

So if the HP is so important to you, then please first read more info on it BEFORE you buy. I think its common knowledge in all tesla forums that the max power is only achievable
for a short time and only under best circumstances.

von Mathie » 15. Aug 2015, 14:04

hookmaker hat geschrieben: They have sold the P85D as exactly matching an iconic product (the MacLaren F1) in 0-60 mph accelleration time and this is as I see it simply un-true. And they are off by far (by standards of the racing community).

Forgive me, if I insist, but why are you ignoring tzb-fd's findings?

Best Mathie
6/2015 bis 8/2019 MS 85D
seit 8/2019 MS Ludicrous Performance
Trusted User
Trusted User

Fahrzeug: Tesla Model S

von Niubie » 15. Aug 2015, 15:51

In advance, sorry for my open thoughts and slightly emotional reaction but this is [I've edited potentially insulting wording] perhaps one of those needless and distracting calls or campaigns. I'm quite astonished that nobody reflects on the fact that the McLaren and other ICE sportscars perform the claimed number also only under certain conditions? (weather, tires + tire temperature, motor temperature, ground conditions, etc.)...and as has been mentioned already, part of marketing (especially in the automobile business) is presenting best-case numbers. Just think clearly for a minute about the numbers you get presented for fuel consumption and you will realize that you readily accept and live with being lied and betrayed every damn moment you compare those numbers. But I know, I know, fuel consumption numbers is of less importance, since, for well-studied hormonal reasons, bhp and 0-100 numbers are really important to your ego, and thus must perfectly match your cocky expectations.

And generally speaking, don't you guys have other important stuff to do than to measure if you're going from 0-100 in 3.3 or 3.7 seconds? I mean, really? Maybe it's because I'm not rich enough to get into that kind of territory of pettifogging attitude and behaviour but I surely don't understand how someone would spend that much time and effort on such a world-shattering question.

Just to make sure, you understand me correctly: You're free to file complaints to any company in the world for any problem you might ever have with the product you bought, go ahead. But make sure you put your "problem" into real-world contexts of other problems in your daily life (if you have any). Just don't overdo it because, at least to me, this whole campaign is a bit over the top. Sorry to say this so openly, but too often I get the feeling that some people can't handle a certain level of wealth and income and tend to get out of touch with reality. And that letter of 14 Tesla P85D owners is a perfect example of that.
Zuletzt geändert von Niubie am 15. Aug 2015, 17:12, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

von Volker.Berlin » 15. Aug 2015, 16:09

Niubie, while I understand what you're saying and sympathize with some of the content of your post, I take issue with your tone. Who are you to judge whether some other adult's time is put to good use one way or the other? Don't we all have the right to spend our money and spare time in whatever way pleases us most (as long as we do not interfere with other people's rights or needs)? Your wording is arrogant to the point where it becomes annoying. If you want to be taken seriously, it would probably be helpful to tone down your language a notch or two.

von Niubie » 15. Aug 2015, 16:36

Indeed I didn't want to insult anyone personally here, just wanted to state my opinion, surely have overshot the mark. Sorry. :( Those kind of things make me mad lately because there's so many other issues in this world that need to be fixed. But as you say Volker, it's a free world and I'm not the one to judge anyone.

von Beatbuzzer » 15. Aug 2015, 16:36

Measureman hat geschrieben:There must be a screenshot from the time, when they told different or did they never show a total power of 691hp but only single maximum motor power ? If so, they never did promis 691hp ??

Right after the d-day on october 9th/2014 Tesla wrote about 515 kW or 700 hp total power and further the 350 kW of the rear and 165 kW of the front motor. Similar to the 85D.
Later on they changed to only writing about the discrete power outputs of front and rear motor, the total power output disappeared.
But sadly I dont have a screenshot.
...electric - what else ?
Freute sich bis Ende Mai 2017 dreieinhalb Jahre über sein auf 19" rollendes, schwarzes 85kWh Model S...
Freut sich seit Ende Mai 2017 über sein obsidian black Signature X auf 22" schwarz...

Fahrzeug: Tesla Model X

von Volker.Berlin » 15. Aug 2015, 16:54

Niubie, thank you for your additional remarks that qualify your original posting. Getting back on topic, I may add that once again I'm glad that I went with the "lowly" plain 85, which for all practical purposes has more than enough power and never makes me feel like I did not get what I paid for.

That said, I don't feel sorry for Tesla: They decided to go into "ludicrous horse power land", whether they did it for the additional buck or brand reputation or whatever. It's clear to me that people who spend the equivalent of a Volkswagen Golf just for the additional horse power in an otherwise mostly identical car, do so just for the numbers. Nobody "needs" 700 HP (or even 360 HP for that matter). Now that Tesla brought this car to the market, they have to deal with people who take them up on their own offer.

VorherigeNächste