My thoughts about range, CAC and battery degradation

This area can be used by English speaking users...

My thoughts about range, CAC and battery degradation

von Talkredius » 10. Jan 2015, 22:38

On twitter I was asked by Dennis Pascual (@dennis_p] about my thoughts about battery degradation on my Tesla Roadster.
It was in a debate started by Kevin Sharpe (@IronMillTech), who is constantly complainig about range loss of his Tesla Roadster
https://speakev.com/threads/tesla-batte ... etrol.3725

Because Twitter don't allow longer statements here is my answer :
If anyone want to answer me here and can't or won't register here, send me your post via email (hopp@terminal-beach.de) and I will put it in here.

Values of my Tesla Roadster 10.01.2015 15:30 :

CAC 113.79
IR 216 km in standard charge mode (OVMS says 95 % loaded, perhaps I have to do some balancing)
Odometer 219390 km

I don't believe anymore in a CAC which is as the name says a calculated value. Ihmo the only way of determining battery degradation would be to drive the car with a balanced battery until empty always under nearly same conditions and compare each drive over time.
End of 2012 I noticed an always lowest brick too. I asked Tesla Service if I had to worry about or if we should replace a sheet as precaution, (I would have paid for it) They checked, said everything is fine and I believed them and just ignored this logfile message.

And swwmo (my wife) and me are still ignoring this messages for more than 2 years now and we are enjoying driving the Tesla Roadster very much. :D

@Kevin Sharpe

I would call you a Teslanaut, a person who is able to drive a Tesla Roadster even in winter over a long distance, ignoring the cold air coming out of the door handles and other parts of the Tesla Roadster :mrgreen: It was real fun to drive with you to Zurich and taking the Road to Geneva in 2012

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=149&start=90#p1326
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=191&hilit=Geneva
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=198&hilit=Geneva

But it looks to me that your grudge with Tesla has changed you and so I don't regret the harsh words follwowing now :

For me Tesla is the only car company which takes the emoblity seriously in all aspects.
Try to drive with one of your now promoted cars from Hamburg to Munic, I wish you very, very much patient and luck with that, you 'll need it.
With a Tesla Model S and even with a Tesla Roadster this is boring normal.

I'm not an independent gentleman, I have to rely on my Model S doing my business, I might rethink my opinion, when an other car company comes up with a competitive solution in all aspects, car, range + charging stations, but until then I'll stick with Tesla, even have to if I a want to drive seriously electric.

All your comments relating to Tesla are now Anti-Tesla comments, If you think you have to return to a gas car, because your Tesla Roadster has not enough range then you are disappointing me, this argument is just ridiculous, just your personal grudge with Tesla.

Make me a reasonable offer for your Tesla Roadster, if I find someone to change it to lefthand driving I might consider to buy it and release you from this burden.
If you think you have to take this road, go ahead, I won't follow.
Präsident des Teslafahrer und Freunde e.V.
http://www.tff-ev.de
Entspannung ist Pin runter und den Krach einfach hinter sich lassen

Land: Deutschland