Trip from Belgium to St. Anton

Hello,

I cannot write German well, but I can understand and read it.

I’m from Belgium, near Brussels, and am planning to drive to St. Anton in Austria in less than a week.
I see the route through Germany to get to St. Anton with the Superchargers. I have a couple of questions:

• Do you any queues at the Superchargers during holiday periods?
  • Could you point me to any other charging spots along the way, as a sort of „plan B“ in case the superchargers are unavailable for one reason or another
  • From Aichstetten to St. Anton, over the pass. How will that work, with a 85 kWh and 5 people, no roofbox? Is there enough energy to cross the pass (Füßen), or should I drive around (Bregenz)?

Thanks so much for your reply. Please answer in German if more comfortable for you.

Best,

Serge

Moderator: I created a separate topic.

as an alternative charging point insteatt of Aichstetten are typ2 charger in Kemten, Nesselwang and Füssen. For more information see lemnet.org or diwnload your app for iphone or androit

besr

eberhard

you will get plenty of charge for the pass. 100m = 4-5km range, which xiu will get back on downhill, not actesl threat. but st. anton is around 1100m = 20-30km exzra from aichstetten or kempten

best

eberhard

Thanks Eberhard.

I think we actually met a couple of years ago in Milan. Do I remember correctly that you asked Elon & JB for triphase charging in Europe!? Good times.

Thanks,

S.

Hi Serge,

if Bad Rappenau don`t works, you can charge at our business ( only 5 min. from A 6), Exit Heibronn. We have 400 V 32 A 16 A. If you need charging box for 32 A - i have a wallb e to go. Open Mo - Fr 8.00 - 19.00 , saturday 8.00 - 16.00, sundays on request. info : bikearena-bender.de or here on tesla owners site.

best regards

Ernst Bender , 74076 Heilbronn, Koepffstr. 7 - 13

Thanks Ernst,

I have 16 and 32 A adaptor, thanks.

I’ll keep you on the list.

Thanks again, everyone.

S.

Hi Serge,

thats correct. i am glad, we got finally the 3-phase charging here. but now, with the first SC here, the need is easying.

best

Eberhard

Hi Serge,

do you mean,
a) you want to start the journey in less than a week
or do you mean,
b) the journey shouldn’t last longer than a week ?

I guess you mean a), because the journey could be done in one (long) day with a 85 kWh
From Bruessel to Wilnsdorf 311 km, start with fully charged range mode and drive not faster than 100 km/h (best speed for beginners) That leaves you enough reserve to avoid any range anxiety of your passengers (especially wife :smiley: ) You may speed up, when you get nearer to the SC.

Even if there is a holiday queue it is faster to wait for a free slot than to charge with plan B.
For plan B you should always have a mobile Wallbox like crOhm Box or similar. Of course the CEE 32A to 16 A will work, but you need round about 8 hours to get fully charged.

Plan B for Wilnsdorf : private charging in Burbach, CEE32A, contact TFF member nils for more information

Plan B for Bad Rappenau => Ernstbender

Plan B for Scheppach : Typ 2 @ 32 A in Günzburg (Legoland) look up in lemnet.org, at the moment free of charge
(Messemodus)

Plan B for Aichstetten : Memming RWE or LEW (Messemodus, free of charge) see lemnet for more details

If you want to use RWE charging points send me a PN and will give you some good advise.

I you mean b) I can give you some hints for a more scenic route and some hotels where you can charge overnight.

Thanks again.

I don’t know what a mobile wall box is… I’ll look it up.
Thanks for the advice on speed. Ha!

Good one.

Best,

Serge

Oh, and actually: we are planning to start on Friday, and stop for the night, and do the last leg of the trip early on Saturday to arrive in St. Anton in the morning and still snowboard in the afternoon. So yes, suggestions on places where to break and charge overnight are welcome.

Best,

Serge

Hi Serge,
I’m living between Ulm and Lake Constance, and we actually did a trip to Kappel (Tyrolia) just some weeks ago. So, at least for the last part of your trip the situation is quite comparable. We (one adult, two children, luggage for four days of skiing, no roof box) started at our home, charged in Aichstetten (just to 450 km rated range), then used the highway in Germany to Lindau, and then in Austria the highway to the Arlberg region. The navigation system sent us up to the Arlberg pass, which was a lot of fun because the MS is going up-hill quite easy and down-hill you can enjoy watching your remaining range going up again. We reached at the St.Anton SC with about 200 km range left. My children enjoyed passdriving so much that they asked not to use tunnels anymore, if a pass is also available. While the MS was recharging, we did some shopping in the Billa super-market near by, and then we did the last part of the trip to the Paznaun valley. On our way back it was easy as before. Enjoy your trip!
Michael