New Tesla charging cables now have replaceable battery!

Hi folks,

We just introduced the latest version of our Tesla charging cables. They now have a completely new housing with the button fully integrated. It is now a 100% waterproof solution and you can re-open the connector and replace the battery if needed.
The circuit has been optimized to use even less power from the battery, so it should last for many years anyway…

Of course, the cables are available as pigtails to connect to your existing charging station, and they are available with the French Type 3 infrastructure side connectors. We offer 32A single phase, and 3phase cables in 16A or 32A.

We will also be launching a Tesla connector kit to replace your existing connector, available as complete connector with screw or crimp terminals, 16A or 32A.

You can have a look here: evchargeking.com/en/tesla

Wieso hat ein Ladekabel eine Batterie?

Chargeport Öffner :slight_smile:

Hi, indeed the cable has a button to open the chargeport and to unlock the cable from the car if you have the car key around.
[url]EVChargeking Tesla Charging Cables - YouTube

Der Charge Port öffnet auch durch Druck auf die Klappe bei aktuellen Modellen, es gibt als nur eine gewisse Anzahl von Fahrzeugen denen das irgendwas bringt. Ich verstehe bis heute nicht warum es so schwer sein soll den Charge Port per Center Screen oder Key Fob zu öffnen…

There are no pigtail cables offered in your shop currently. Do you plan to add them later?

Edit: Found them under section Components: [url]https://www.evchargeking.com/en/tesla-charging-pigtail-3-phase-32a[/url]

Bequemlichkeit!
Mein Prototyp hat leider nur 2 Monate gehalten, da die Charge Port Öffner nicht wasserdicht sind!

Das ist übrigens häufige Ausrede beim E Autos

Deswegen wird so viel Geld in wireless charging gesteckt

Was ist daran bequem, wenn ich außer dem KeyFob auch noch einen Charportopener in der Tasche haben muss? Ich finde das eher unbequemer.

Übrigens funktioniert der Keyfob schon lange bevor man am Ladeport ist. Wenn ich den Ladeanschluß öffnen will drücke ich schon beim annähern an das Farzeug. Dann ist er offen wenn ich ankomme. Die Gedenksekunde fällt so weg.

100% Ack. Ich mache das vor dem Aussteigen schon völlig automatisch. Musste ich früher beim Verbrenner schließlich auch machen …

Man könnte die Frage auch anders interpretieren:
Wozu ist eine Batterie notwendig, wenn sowieso schon eine andere Spannungsquelle zur Verfügung steht?
Why is a battery necessary if a different voltage source is already available?

An den beiden Zusatzpins Pilot und Proxmity kann man doch bestimmt so viel Energie abzweigen, dass es für ein Funksignal reicht, oder?
On the two additional pins Pilot and Proxmity you can certainly branch off so much energy that it is enough for a radio signal, right?

Bildquelle: aprs.org/charging-DIY.html

Dann gehts aber nur, wie beim UMC, wenn das Kabel an der Ladesäule Strom hat

Unter den Stichwort Energyharvesting findet man auch Funklichtschalter, die ohne Batterie UND ohne Kabel auskommen.
Das gabs schon vor etlichen Jahren.

Und frag mal einen Raucher, ob sein elektrisches Feuerzeug eine Batterie braucht…

1 „Gefällt mir“

Mit einem Piezotaster würde es problemlos ohne eine Batterie funktionieren.

1 „Gefällt mir“

Bevor ihr wieder alles schlecht redet.

Die Kabel sind super. Habe 2 davon.

Ist deutlich praktischer als Schlüssel oder Centerscreen.

Wieso sollte man einen Schlüssel aus der Tasche kramen, bei Keyless Go. Erschließt sich mir nicht!

Die Kabel sind somit genauso einfach zu bedienen wie ein Supercharger oder der UMC.

@Saftwerk: That voltage source is available in the charging station, I cannot pick it up with a cable without doing some work inside the charging station… The advantage of having a battery is that it always works, even if not connected. It will last for many years and is replaceable.
Having the button in the cable is just convenient, of course you can use the keyfob or the big screen, but it is so much easier if you have to disconnect each morning and not have to reach for the key each time…
It does not just open the chargeport, it also disconnects the plug from the car, something the other remote chargeport openers cannot do!

Greetz!
Erwin

So, habe nun auch 2 Stk. solche Typ 2 Kabel für zu Hause.
Bin dann gespannt, wie es in 3 Wochen, wenn die Gesamtanlage in Betrieb geht, funktioniert.

Hi - do you have any plans for a spiral cable version?

@EVChargeKing:
I use this Cable and I don’t want to miss it anymore.
But yesterday I realised that something don’t work anymore.
Unlocking will work fine, but opening opening the chargeport no longer works.
Is it possible, that the battey is empty?
The cable is only 6 month old, and I used the Button only about 100 times in total.

How can I check the battery?

@Ednax,
So sorry that I did not reply to you any sooner, but you can contact me for any issue you have through our website contact form, you will get an answer within hours… (evchargeking.com)
The problem surely will not be the battery, you either have a broken microswitch or water that came in to the electronics.
We supply a full resend and repair/replace policy to get you up and running again ASAP, so I hope you have already contacted us for help…

Sorry for any inconvenience and be well!

1 „Gefällt mir“

Thanks for the fast and easy help :slight_smile: