"The New Aero" Felgen

Und wir Elektriker könnten uns das leisten, daß die Belüftung der Bremsen eher mau aussehen würde ohne besondere Aktionen…

Die Abrollgeräusche der Reifen sind doch viel lauter als irgendwelche Felgendesigns. Dann noch die Windgeräusche an der Windschutzscheibenoberkante und um die Rückspiegel. Sehr viel Noise ! Und weniger Verbrauch ? Auch da ist nur ein Vergleich nur mit absolut identischen Reifen möglich. Der Look ist auch sehr Geschacksache. Wenn neue Felgen, dann wesentlich leichtere, damit das Gesamtgewicht und die ungefederte Masse verringert wird.

Du weißt schon, was diese Felgen wiegen? Das ist spannend, kannst Du konkrete Zahlen nennen?

Magst Du uns mehr verraten?
Das Denglisch riecht nach Insider :wink:

Er hat es allgemein gesagt, nicht auf das Gewicht der Felge hier. Lest doch mal richtig :mrgreen:
Er hat lediglich geschrieben, wenn er neue Felgen will, dann leichtere. Nicht leichtere als die hier :exclamation:

Für mich muss das Auto gut aussehen. Nicht mehr und nicht weniger. Wenn da ein Unterschied von 100km bei raus rauskommt, ist da sicherlich ein Nachdenken vor dem Kauf angesagt, aber so? Der Tesla ist so ein schönes Auto. Deshalb habe ICH mir den gekauft. Nicht um den dann mit irgendwelchen hässlichen Rädern zu versauen, nur weil sie 5km und ein halbes DB einsparen. Diese Zahlen sind frei erfunden :mrgreen:

Wobei ich schon gerne ein komplettes Bild von den Felgen am Auto hätte.

Und wenn diese nun „leichter“ wären (was auch immer das bedeutet)? Sorry, ich kapier’s nicht.

DIY Snoops:

instructables.com/id/Smooth … -a-Budget/

:wink:

Hello guys!

Yes this is our wheel. We are now in the production phase since a few weeks. There are four pre series wheels that are on the road for testing quality, making the final corrections and for producing press photos. The latter is what our german co-owner is undertaking right now and that is how you caught them on camera. I know the website is not published yet, because we need the photos for this. If you are interested, please subscribe to the mailing list.

Our wheel is constructed and designed to be an aerodynamic, forged performance wheel that matches and completes the design of the Tesla. The Tesla that also has state of the art aerodynamics, performance and style. The key conflict when designing this wheel is the balance between aero and style. Making a wheel that is 100% aero is not difficult, but making one that is also beautiful and enhancing the cars appearance is a big challenge. We think we really succeeded and we believe our first batch of wheels will sell very quickly. They will be available for ordering very soon and those on the list will be the first to know.

Please ask if you have any questions. Best Regards from The New Aero, a Swedish/German enthusiast project :slight_smile:

1 „Gefällt mir“

Dimensions? Weight? Price?

Thanks for the information. What can you tell us about the weight compared to the stock 21" wheels ?

Good questions.

Regarding the weight that is also a challenge with an aero wheel because of the nature of the design. A more covered wheel. I can tell you our wheel is slightly lighter than the Tesla Turbine wheel. Further our wheel has a center of mass that is closer to the center of rotation. That affects the inertia of the wheel in a positive way.

We are a „virtual“ company with no expensive office space, no distributors and resellers. We buy our wheels straight from the factory (In Europe and TÜV complying) and shipping straight to the consumer. That is how we can offer a very attractive price for a forged wheel. Most forged wheels are priced at the range of 7000 EUR +. Our wheel will be considerably cheaper than that. We aim for a price slightly below Teslas Turbine wheel, considering also the tire and TPMS. So somewhere around 4500 EUR without tires and sensors. TBD exactly. This will be the price for the first batch. And most certain the price will be closer to our competitors once our name is more well known.

The dimension is identical to Teslas non staggered Turbine wheel. 21"x8,5". Offset and center cap measure also identical.

Thank you very much for the detailed and precise info!

thenewaero.com

Ein wenig teuer geworden die Felgen.
Aber sehen ganz gut aus.

Wer kauft mir meine Slipstreamfelgen für 4500 ab :question: :blush:

Alter Schwede, die gefallen mir. Ich muss sofort an was anderes denken, sonst komme ich auf blöde Ideen und meine Dame bringt mich um :mrgreen:

Leider keine 19“

Sehr schöne Räder!!
Aber das keine ABE erforderlich ist, versteh ich nicht.
Was heißt ECE approved?
Wann gibt es die Räder für das Model X?

Hi! I guess you saw that we are live now. Hope you like it! Will try to catch some sleep now but I’m happy to answer any questions tomorrow. :slight_smile:

Hi,
The well known German wheel maker Brock explains it here https://www.brock.de/felgen/ece-felgen/

ECE is a UN homologisation recognized by many countries and is equal ur superior to those countries own homologisation. The approved wheels have a visible laser etching with the E1 circled symbol and the approval number. Our wheels are approved for the model S. You must choose the correct rear wheels depending on axle load. You will not need to carry any paperwork.

For the Model X, please email me at info (a) thenewaero.com

I already collect interest for a 22" version, you are not the first actually. I need them myself also :slight_smile:

Thx!