Should I upgrade from M3 to MY?

Hi people,

We are pretty happy with our M3, which we picked up last December but since the price increase we can sell it for more than what we bought, I am thinking is it worth upgrading to Model Y. I am expecting Model Y to price increase like M3 and it should increase the car value for at least one or two years.

I have some question, lets say we decide to upgrade to model y, the expected delivery time is around July, can we postpone delivery to around November or December by speaking with a sales rep?

Our Model 3 is registered in December 2021 and has 5500km on it and I am expecting to sell around 45k, is it a realistic target?

We have already applied umweltbonus for M3, if we purchase model y, can we apply it again?

If you have any suggestions or ideas, feel free to mention them. I am open to any suggestion as well.

Yes you can postpone the delivery. You will then get a „I’m ready!“ button in the account, just press on it once the estimated delivery date reaches your desired month.

I think you can sell it that high if it’s an StandardRange+. For LongRange you can go a lot higher.

Yes, however you need to wait 6months before selling your M3, else you need to pay it back. So if you got it in Dezember you need to wait till June to be safe. (exactly 6months after registration). You can get the Umweltbonus for the Model Y again (but only 5000€ for it).

2 „Gefällt mir“

Thanks for the answers. Yes, we do have the standard range+ and we just want to place an order to avoid any price increase. otherwise, we are not in rush to get the car as seems like early production has some small issues, so we can wait until December maybe even early 2023 so they can fix these issues as production ramp-up, maybe get a new battery or even 7 seat option.

At the moment only the Model Y Performance is produced at Giga Berlin…The model Y LR is still coming from Giga Shanghai…perhaps, this will change „in 14 days“ (Elontime…)

I ordered the Model Y LR to replace my Model 3 LR in Q4/2022…as many others does nowadays…

It would be nice if it comes as MiG but i will not hesitate if it comes as MiC, as the quality standard at Giga Shanghai is on a high level.