New York sues oil companies about climate change

What you think about that?

Very interesting law suit from New York and the responsibility about climate change.

youtube.com/watch?v=suk2TumhuXY

LG
W

Mod Note: Bitte Titel so ändern, dass man erkennt, um was es im Thread geht, danke.

done.

Danke!

app.handelsblatt.com/politik/deu … 35186.html

Is this still the english section or changed it the other way round?

Sorry. Didnt even know, that there is such a section.

If this idea catches on, we will almost inevitably see impact on gas price which will make electric cars look even more attractive even to those parts of the population that couldn’t care less about climate change…

1.) Great news! They’re right to sue the corporations. Wish other other cities over the world, or states will follow this and sue all the companies with cruel environmental impact (f.i. Monsanto/Bayer, GM, Nestle, …).

2.) How possible might it be, to get this through? I mean: Think of how big the fossil lobby is? In Germany i wouldn’t see any chance suing for example VW. So is there a real chance in the US?

(Why are we even having an English section on a German platform?)

Looks like everybody should pay his fare share.

Oakland and San Francisco started it last year. Its getting bigger :slight_smile:

scientificamerican.com/arti … sing-seas/

LG
W

(Because we want to invite people who happen to live in Central Europe but are uncomfortable with the German language. We decided there should be a section in this forum where you don’t have to feel bad when asking questions in English.)

Thx for the explanation.

Nice move.