Nachrüstung kraftstoffbetriebene Standheizung

Infos zur Limousine mit Platz für 5+2...

Re: Nachrüstung kraftstoffbetriebene Standheizung

von Volker.Berlin » 11. Mär 2014, 21:47

Volker.Berlin hat geschrieben:Hm. Bevor man sowas in den Druck gibt, sollte man sich natürlich schon einigermaßen sicher sein, keinen Quatsch zu verbreiten... Ich habe die Autoren mal angeschrieben, vielleicht bringen sie ja irgendwelche Quellen oder Belege für ihre Behauptung.

Hier ist die -- überraschend ausführliche -- Antwort:
Best Car Ever hat geschrieben:My heat pump analysis was based mostly on Tesla Patent http://www.faqs.org/patents/app/20120183815. In addition, you can hear the pump speed change under different demands (especially when parked), so it indicates to me it is a variable speed pump. You also hear it run when it is cold out and first starting the car. If this was used for cooling only, it's unlikely it would be running when cold. The patent also show a resistive heater, which is necessary at very low temps, when the heat pump no longer is effective (I think around 0 degrees F). They may also use the resistive heater with the heat pump to speed up the initial heating, but I have no knowledge if this is done or not.

That said, having a Patent doesn't mean Tesla actually used this technique in the car, but it does seem logical they do. In addition, many have reported the cabin heating taking far less energy than resistive only systems used in cars like the first versions of the Leaf (which now uses a heat pump too). Lastly, if you are in any showroom, most have a partially built frame on display. You can see the HVAC pump in the center with bright orange power leads (being powered by high-voltage, not 12v). I didn't show a picture of this in the book.

If you think I'm wrong and/or have something from Tesla that contradicts what I've said, please let me know. I strive hard to have the facts right and have no problems admitting when I'm wrong :) I'd rather owners have accurate information. Also I've had many Tesla employees (engineers) buy the book, and have not gotten any comments that I have it wrong. Then again, they are so protective of their IP, they might not say anything.

von fantasya » 11. Mär 2014, 22:04

Volker.Berlin hat geschrieben:
Volker.Berlin hat geschrieben:Hm. Bevor man sowas in den Druck gibt, sollte man sich natürlich schon einigermaßen sicher sein, keinen Quatsch zu verbreiten... Ich habe die Autoren mal angeschrieben, vielleicht bringen sie ja irgendwelche Quellen oder Belege für ihre Behauptung.

My heat pump analysis was based mostly on Tesla Patent http://www.faqs.org/patents/app/20120183815. In addition, you can hear the pump speed change under different demands (especially when parked), so it indicates to me it is a variable speed pump. You also hear it run when it is cold out and first starting the car. If this was used for cooling only, it's unlikely it would be running when cold. The patent also show a resistive heater, which is necessary at very low temps, when the heat pump no longer is effective (I think around 0 degrees F). They may also use the resistive heater with the heat pump to speed up the initial heating, but I have no knowledge if this is done or not.

That said, having a Patent doesn't mean Tesla actually used this technique in the car, but it does seem logical they do. In addition, many have reported the cabin heating taking far less energy than resistive only systems used in cars like the first versions of the Leaf (which now uses a heat pump too). Lastly, if you are in any showroom, most have a partially built frame on display. You can see the HVAC pump in the center with bright orange power leads (being powered by high-voltage, not 12v). I didn't show a picture of this in the book.

If you think I'm wrong and/or have something from Tesla that contradicts what I've said, please let me know. I strive hard to have the facts right and have no problems admitting when I'm wrong :) I'd rather owners have accurate information. Also I've had many Tesla employees (engineers) buy the book, and have not gotten any comments that I have it wrong. Then again, they are so protective of their IP, they might not say anything.

Da ich sehr schlecht Englisch spreche / verstehe... :( (das gibts tatsächlich noch heute) kannst Du bitte eine Kurzfassung in Deutsch anfügen? Lieben Dank.
28.3.14 bis 5.3.15: P85+ / red multi-coat paint. 5.3.15 bis 22.12.16 P85D die selbe Konfiguration. Ab 22.12.16 P100D / Titanium Metallic / bis auf 3. Sitzreihe all incl. / hellbraune premium seats

Peugeot 106 electrique

von founder » 11. Mär 2014, 22:17

Nur eine historische Anmerkung, der Peugeot 106 electrique hatte serienmäßig eine Benzinheizung.

Bei nur 12 kWh NiCd Akkus blieb auch nicht anderes übrig. Mit 80 km/h Schleichfahrt auf der Landstraße waren 100 km Reichweite drinn.

von Volker.Berlin » 12. Mär 2014, 07:56

Die Diskussion mit dem Autor von Model S - Best Car Ever geht noch weiter:

Volker.Berlin hat geschrieben:I have had the following conversation by email:

Me: "There is a lot of contradictory information floating around the interwebs, regarding the heating system in the Model S. In particular, it seems impossible to find any authoritative source to answer the question whether or not the Model S uses a heat pump for heating the passenger cabin. Can you help me with that?"

"ServiceEU" <ServiceEU@teslamotors.com>: "It is a Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning System. The air is getting transferred to the Positive Temperature Co-efficient heater."

I also had a personal (face2face) discussion with a Tesla technician from my local service center, who reassured me that there is no heat pump because if there were then he'd probably know. He had just completed the Tesla training for technicians...

So as far as I'm concerned there seems to be strong evidence against a heat pump. I have to admit that the sounds the car makes appear quite tell-tale... On the other hand, my personal theory is that a heat pump in a car is a remarkable achievement and a cool tech thingy -- if Tesla had it why wouldn't they advertise it on their Specs or Features pages?

P.S. The sound you are referring to is also present when HVAC is turned off completely from the 17" touch screen. Therefore I presume that what you're hearing may be the pump for circulating the cooling liquid in the battery pack, rather than a heat pump.

Best Car Ever hat geschrieben:Yep, I'm also surprised by the lack of "official" information on this as it seems to me to be a significant innovation and advantage. One reason for not saying much is the HVAC systems are rather technical and I find the marketing team avoids anything that is too technical in favor of simple. They don't want to scare potential customers away.

I still think it uses a heat pump as it is about 2-3 times more efficient than resistive heating. Once you have a cooling system, the additional cost is minimal for heating. There is only one pump (maybe compressor is a better description) in the car. Various valves control if the system is heating the battery, cabin or both. So you're right that when the climate control is off, the compressor can still run to cool (or heat) the battery.

It may be a few weeks, but I hope to meet up with some of the Tesla engineering guys and will try an get an accurate answer. I've talked with quite a few of the engineers (different departments) over the last several years, usually in chance encounters. They are open on the one hand, but have been instructed by corporate to be very careful what they say. They may be unwilling to confirm how it works, although the patents go a long way to explain it.

While the service team is great, I've often found they don't understand or really know how the technology works (at least from an engineering perspective). This may be Tesla also not explaining the details to the techs. Often it can be "if you seem problem X, the replace part Y". Simple and easy to follow, but doesn't explain how it works. At the same time the Tesla techs seem to be smarter than the average mechanics, so perhaps he's right. If I find out more, I'll let you know.

P.S. Ich werde das nicht auf Deutsch übersetzen, aber vielleicht hat ja jemand anders Lust dazu. Die Quintessenz ist: Es gibt keine definitive Auskunft in die eine oder in die andere Richtung, nur eine Sammlung von widersprüchlichen Hinweisen. Ich tendiere dazu, anzunehmen, dass Model S zum Heizen keine Wärmepumpe verwendet, der Buch-Autor ist anderer Meinung, gibt aber zu, dass er auch nicht 100%ig sicher sein kann und hofft demnächst konkretere Informationen zu bekommen.

von stealth_mode » 12. Mär 2014, 08:04

Danke Volker für Deine akribische, unermüdliche Arbeit- Kudos!
...manchmal frage ich mich wann/was Du arbeitest ... ;-)
P85, 21" gray, pearl, gray leather, All IN , NO rear facing seats
Unbegrenzte Supercharger Nutzung bei Bestellung eines neuen Tesla z.B. über diesen Link:http://ts.la/thilo1743

von JN1K » 12. Mär 2014, 08:26

fantasya hat geschrieben:
Volker.Berlin hat geschrieben:

Da ich sehr schlecht Englisch spreche / verstehe... :( (das gibts tatsächlich noch heute) kannst Du bitte eine Kurzfassung in Deutsch anfügen? Lieben Dank.

http://translate.google.de/?hl=de
MS 85 von 11/15 bis 02/17.
MS 75D von 03/17 ...

von volker » 12. Mär 2014, 14:19

Das beschriebene Pumpengeräusch bei kaltem Fahrzeug ist die Vakuum-Pumpe für die Bremskraftunterstützung. Das kann jeder nachvollziehen, wenn er mal mit dem Bremspedal beim Rangieren arbeitet.
Autos und Häuser brauchen keinen Auspuff.

von tubist88 » 16. Mär 2014, 21:12

Volker.Berlin hat geschrieben: Ich tendiere dazu, anzunehmen, dass Model S zum Heizen keine Wärmepumpe verwendet, der Buch-Autor ist anderer Meinung, gibt aber zu, dass er auch nicht 100%ig sicher sein kann und hofft demnächst konkretere Informationen zu bekommen.

Wäre mE unsinnig. Wenn man "ordentlich fährt" oder in ordentlich bergigem Terrain unterwegs ist, kann man die Heizung unbesorgt aufdrehen, ohne Mehrverbrauch. Die Abwärme von Motor/Leistungselektronik reicht dann aus und es wird nicht mit Strom aus dem Akku zugeheizt.
Akkustrom wird meiner Erfahrung nach nur beim Losfahren und im Stadtverkehr sowie bei 89 km/h auf der BAB verheizt.

Rausfinden ob die Heizung Strom zieht kann man, indem man beim Fahren kurz mal in "N" schaltet und sich die orangefarbene Nadel gaaaanz genau ansieht.
Siehe hier (ganz nach unten scrollen) http://manger-m.de/bike/ampera
http://www.mmbike.de
S85 EZ 04/14 verkauft 12/15 mit 142.000 km; 1. Batterie; 189 Wh/km LDV
seit 03/16: S85 mit AP 75.000 km
Ampera 115.000 km; 1,5 l/100km LDV
16,8 kWp PV, intelligente (Loxone) Ladestation 22kW
LiFeYPo4 Selfmade Heimspeicher 8 kWh

Vorherige